Process of beer tanks production in the Czech brewery system s.r.o.
1. Negotiation with the customer and signature of the contract
At start our trader negotiates with the customer all parameters of the required beer tanks (or tanks for cider, wine, or other beverage production facilities). The final documents of this meeting are an order or a purchase contract, including an inventory of the technical parameters of the tanks, their equipment, the required quality and the drawings. Tank production will start only after the customer has confirmed by signing all the mentioned documents and he will pay the deposit payment according to the provided proforma invoice. A presenting visit to the brewery, which is equipped with technology produced by us, may be included as a part of this meeting.
2. Preparation of materials and components for the production of the tanks
We order all the materials and components necessary for the production of tanks in accordance with the customer’s order. The supplied material and components are then thoroughly inspected by our purchase-sales manager. If the quality and documentation of the materials does not match the customer’s required parameters, we declare the non-conforming material and we ensure the replacement material with the required quality.
3. Production and surface treatment of semifinished products
The production process of the beer tanks starts with the production of semi-finished products, ie the parts from which the final product is assembled. This production phase includes, in particular, the following manufacturing operations:
- Surface treatment of the arched bottoms – grinding, polishing
- Sheet metal cutting to the required dimensions – cylindrical inner and outer sheets of tanks, conical inner and outer parts of tanks, reinforcing sheets.
- Burning special parts with more complex dimensions using laser beam : hoops, stiffeners, lifting grips etc.
- Bending of sheets on a bending press or bending machine : fill level indicator covers, special fittings etc.
- Cutting of pipes to the required dimensions – tank supporting feet and legs, pipe fittings, connecting fittings, other pipe elements
- Bending of inner and outer sheets to circular shapes – cylindrical and conical parts of brewing tanks, hatchways, cooling duplicators
- Welding of elemental parts into larger units – pressure vessel bodies, sets of the fill level indicators, foot assemblies, fitting assemblies, piping assemblies, hatch assemblies, welding of duplication cooling channels on pressure vessels
- Finish surface treatment of internal surfaces of tanks – grinding and polishing of internal welds of pressure vessel, finishing of welds of valves and fittings
4. Internal tank pressure tests
Pressure vessel tests are a critical phase of production beer tanks. The inner tank, which is fitted with all the fittings, is first pressurized with air to a greater than the required maximum pressure. Then leakage joints and welds are detected with the help of the detection liquid. These are then repaired and the air pressure test is repeated as long as any leakage cannot be detected more. The same test is repeated with the cooling duplicators, which are the channels through which the coolant flows. Then, in the presence of the inspector of the TÜV SÜD Czech certification authority, the pressure tank and duplicators are filled with water for a main pressure test of the tank, which is usually 1.5 times the maximum pressure for which the pressure vessel is dimensed. If a tank pressure test is without leaks, the tank will obtain an original pressure vessel certificate, a numeric designation and a so-called “passport of the pressure vessel”, which is a document in which all data on the use, repairs and inspections of the pressure vessel will be written throughout the life of the tank. Otherwise, corrections of the identified deficiencies will be made and the pressure test in the presence of the inspector will be repeated.
5. Assembling semifinished products into the final product
Assembling of tanks from pre-manufactured semi-finished products is the stage of production where the beer tanks are already gaining their final form. The tanks are covered with outer sheets, fitted with dismountable armatures. The tanks are filled with PUR foam insulation in the interspace between the inner and outer jacket . The final finishing of welds and surfaces, cleaning of tanks and all valves will be carried out as a last work on the tank.
6. Preparation of the tanks for an expedition
Finished tanks are packed onto packing material so that the tank and its parts can not be damaged, during the transport. If the tanks can not be transported in a vertical position, then the tanks are placed in transport pallets, which are tailored to the specific dimensions of the tanks. All removable fittings are packed separatelly to reduce the possibility of their damage, this is also good for simplification handling with the tanks during transport.
7. Delivery of finished tanks to the customer
The loading of tanks on the loading area of the lorry and their safe attachment with regard to transport safety is the last operation. Tank transport to the customer terminates the production process. In the case where the tanks are installed at the customer’s side, the transport the tanks to the customer is included as part of our service.
More about us :