Compact units for the beer fermentation and maturation
FUIC – Fermentation Unit with Integrated Cooler – This is a compact system, which includes all equipment, which is necessary for controlled fermentation and maturation of beer (or cider, wine and similar alcoholic beverages), for temperature measuring and temperature controlling in tanks and for cooling or heating of the beverage product. Part of this product is one or more compact water/glycol coolers, which are placed on a special frame together with the tanks.
FUEC – Fermentation Unit with External Cooler – This is a compact system, which includes all equipment, which is necessary for fermentation and maturation of a beer (and cider, wine or similar alcoholic beverages), for temperature measuring and temperature controlling and for cooling and heating of the beverage product. Part of this product is one or more compact water/glycol coolers, which are placed next to the frame with the tanks.
- For tanks with the volume of 1000L we manufacture FUIC units as a compact system „all in one“ on the common frame, which is furnished with a height adjustable foot or wheels.
- For tanks with the volume of more than 1000L are FUIC units setted out of secluded tanks and of a cooling system and of a temperature controller which is placed in compact block.
Why to choose a FUIC / FUEC unit for a fermentation and maturation of beer ?
A FUIC / FUEC unit compared to classic concept of fermentation and maturation tanks has a many advantages:
- Immediate start up – Quick start up of fully equipped system for fermentation and maturation of alcoholic beverages – without additional electro-installation, without any conduited distributions and without any constructive changes on the object. Power cabel of FUIC /FUEC unit is simply connectable into the wall electric socket and the system is ready for immediate usage.
- Independency – Each fermentation unit is independent on the central cooling system. In the case that one cooler will drop out all another tanks will be still working without any break.
- Mobility – In a case of need it is possible to move the whole fermentation unit to the other place without the disconnection and reinstallation of cooling system. It is useful all above by clearing of the rooms or by reconfiguration of the brewhouse.
- Minimization of losses – It is possible to solve the defect on a cooler simply and immediately just by changing a cooler for another one and then you will send the defected cooler to our service for its repairment, without any break of fermentation process in the tank and without any loss of a product in the tank.
- Simple connection – Each unit is connected with the brewhouse, with beer tanks, fillers and so on. Easily and quickly installable food pipes. It is not necessary to connect each tanks with using of a fixed cooling pipe system, even this is not excluded in the case of need on the side of the customer..
- Compability – The fermentation units are compatible and useful in all breweries, in vineries, cider houses, no matter on the other technologies and their manufacturers. We supply the FUIC units with an optional reductions on every connection system and with fittings required by a customer.
Types of the compact beer fermentation-maturation units
1) Fermentation Units FUIC 1x CCT
– The fermentation unit includes one cylindrical-conical tank with required volume and integrated cooler, which ensures the cooling of the wort or the cooling of the fermented beer/cider on the temperature required by customer.
2) Fermentation Units FUIC 2x CCT
– Each fermentation unit includes two cylindrical-conical tanks with required volume and integrated cooler, which ensures the cooling of the wort or of the cooling of the fermented beer/cider on the temperature required by customer.
3) Fermentation Units FUIC 3x CCT
– Each fermentation unit includes three cylindrical-conical tanks with required volume and integrated cooler, which ensures the cooling of the wort or of the cooling of the fermented beer/cider on the temperature required by customer.
The advantage is saving the unit cost for each CC tank with keeping the same total volume of all 3 tanks.
4) Fermentation Units FUIC 4x CCT
– Each fermentation unit includes four cylindrical-conical tanks with required volume and integrated cooler, which ensures the cooling of the wort or of the cooling of the fermented beer/cider on the temperature required by customer.
The advantage is saving the unit cost for each CC tank with keeping the same total volume of all 4 tanks.
5) Fermentation units FUEC 2x CCT
-Each fermentation unit includes 2 CCT tanks and it is not shouldered with an integrated cooler. One or more FUEC units are conneted to the common cooling unit, which can be either with the integrated condenser (placed completely in the interior) or with a seperated condenser (part of the condenser, which is taking away the heat, is placed in exterior – this needs a company which is specialized on installation cooling systems).
6) Fermentation units FUEC 4x CCT
– It is the same as at the FUEC units 2x CCT, but one unit includes 4 cylindrical-conical tanks. The advantage is a saving money.
We produce the compact beer fermentation units in three variations according allowed maximal pressure and inner surface quality class :
1) Non-pressure compact fermentation units (0.0bar) BREWORX MODULO FUIC/FUEC NxCCT-NP
– CCTs are produced as non-pressure vessels, designed exclusively for the main fermentation of the wort at pressure 0bar. It is not possible to use these tanks for beer maturation, which must be carried out under mild pressure. In this embodiment, internal welds in CCTs are not grinded as it does not allow the extraction of yeast from the cone without a pumping of beer into another maturation tank. Therefore, the fermentation tanks are dimensioned to sufficient temperature for the main fermentation, but not for the maturation of beer.
2) Low-pressure compact fermentation units (1.2bar) BREWORX MODULO FUIC/FUEC NxCCT-LP
– CC tanks are produced as low-pressure vessels, designed for both main fermentation and maturation processes of beer wort, fruit must, wine or cider, under pressure 1.2bar max. It is possible to set required pressure in the tanks, alcoholic beverages can be produced in the same tanks in all production phases. But we recommend always to move the fermented product to another tank before its maturation because it is better for easy clearing the product of used yeast. All weldings are grinded to guaranted roudness max. Ra 0.8 microns – it is recommended surface for easy collection of used yeast on the cone bottom of the tank. A design of the tanks allows manually to fill beverages into bottles or kegs, teh maximal overpressure 1.2bar is not sufficient for a machinery filling beverages to packages.
3) High pressure compact fermentation units (3.0bar) BREWORX MODULO FUIC/FUEC-XHP-NxCCT
– CCTs are produced as pressure vessels designed both for the main fermentation of the wort, and also for the subsequent maturation of beer under pressure up to 3.0bar. In these CCTs it is possible to switch from the primary fermentation to maturation of beer in the same container. But it is always better to pump beer into another clean tank because of better separation of the beer from the settled yeast. In this embodiment, internal welds are ground to the roughness of Ra 0.8, which significantly improves the slip of settled yeast into a receiving tank cone.. This design allows also hand-filling and machinery-filling of beer into kegs and bottles. Overpressure of 3.0bar is sufficient for quick machinery beer bottling or hand-filling of beer into kegs and bottles.
Video presentation of the product :
We offer these types of the compact beer fermentation-maturation units :